Sunday, January 26, 2014

Think it's finally time for another post... In the past month, so much has happened. I've learned so much more, spent more time with my friends, started back at school, changed host families, and reached my 6th month here in Germany, today.

Christmas (25th) was spent Skyping my family throughout the day which was really really nice, and the rest of my year I think was pretty quiet. Went with my first host mom to a really amazing Tierpark (indoor zoo, and aquarium) in Hamburg, and that was so much fun to do together. I love aquariums, and there was one of the biggest I've ever seen, and parts of it were interactive, and I ended up having a lemur on my shoulder, and another hanging on my arm at one point.



My first host mom, Ilona :)
In front of the biggest aquarium section : Vor der größte Aquarium Abschnitt




For New Year's (Sylvester oder Silvester), which is pretty much celebrated the same as in the States, some of the other Exchange Students and I went together to a party at our friend Jake's house (also USA). That really was so much fun. Unfortunately, following that, I was really sick for about 2 or 3 days (they think I ate something that wasn't good anymore), so not the best way to start the new year, but it's gotten better since.


Berenice (Paraguay), Laura (Colombia), Me, and Yuri (Brasil)

Since New Years, I've switched my host family (!), and will stay with my current one for the rest of my Exchange, gone ice skating multiple times, welcomed newbies from Brasil, Argentina, and Australia (:O !), met with my friends a lot, started back at school for 3 weeks now, and we finally got a little snow about 2 days ago, and this week, temperatures plummeted, and it's been extremely cold and windy (we'd been having a very mild winter until this past week), visited a German movie theatre again, and gave my first presentation to my Rotary Club which went a lot better than expected, and also started playing field hockey (finally) at a local club called THC (Tennis- und Hockeyclub Ahrensburg e.V.)

Meine Erste Gast-Familie die Ulbrich's (Phillip und Ilona) : My first host family the Ulbrich's

Schlittschuhlaufen-Tag mit unser Rotex und Inbounds! : Ice skating with our Rotex and Inbounds!

Schlittschuhlaufen mit Matheus, Hideyuki, und Yuri (Brasil)


No comments:

Post a Comment